I am an experienced and Accredited (BABCP) Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist and Registered Mental Health Nurse. I have been privileged to work with many people, empowering them to gain the skills and strategies required to work through their problems using the CBT model. Research shows that the success of any Therapy experience is very much dependent on the quality of the therapeutic relationship. I believe I bring a non-
I have 15 years of experience of working within the NHS, completing my Post Graduate Qualification in CBT in 2010. Alongside my individual work with Clients I have enjoyed devising and facilitating an Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Group Programme (ACT) which continues to run across the County.
Following my decision to leave the NHS in 2018 I now work solely from the Beacon Clinic with individuals from 16 upwards.
I am an experienced Clinical Supervisor both in the NHS and in Private Practice with a particular emphasis in what is called Third Wave CBT.
* Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy, University of Birmingham 2010
* Diploma of Higher Education (Nursing) Part 13 of Register RMN (Distinction) Pin No. 00E0415E, 2003
* Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Open University 1998
* 2003: Following completion of my Mental Health Nursing Diploma, I worked on an Acute Psychiatric Ward in Worcester, prior to moving to a Day Hospital setting, where I worked with people individually and in groups.
* 2006: Joined Primary Care Mental Health Service in Worcestershire as a Gateway Worker (this involved, mental health reviews, using CBT approach interventions and signposting for other Services).
* 2010 Completed Postgraduate Diploma in CBT at the University of Birmingham.
* 2011 Became an Accredited member of the BABCP (British Association for Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapists.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy has been recommended in the NICE Guidelines, (The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence) for the following:
* Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
* Health Anxiety
* Social Anxiety
* Generalised Anxiety Disorder or Excessive Worry
* Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
I have a strong interest and considerable experience in the following areas for which an ACT approach has been found to be particularly beneficial:
* Helping people manage their emotions
* Managing Stress
* Managing long term conditions eg Chronic Fatigue or Pain
* Building Self-
* Mood difficulties following bereavement of loved ones or pets
* Binge Eating
Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist
BABCP Accredited Therapist
RMN Registered Mental Health Nurse NMC Registered
Cognitive Behavioural Therapist Accredited, Registered Mental Health Nurse
£70 per Session (1 hour, with 5 mins for endings)
Tues, Friday, Sat, mornings Weds afternoons
Telephone: 07752 199258
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Major update 2012 All rights reserved
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided in this site is accurate. It is not the intention to mislead or misinform anyone.
Counselling Psychotherapy and Clinical Psychology Team Worcestershire Herefordshire www.counselling-